Aeroflot announces results of AGM
26 June 2017
Moscow, 26 June 2017 – Aeroflot – Russian Airlines (Moscow Exchange ticker: AFLT) today held its Annual General Meeting of shareholders (AGM). Shareholders elected a new Board of Directors and voted on other items on the agenda.
The AGM approved payment of a dividend of 50% of Aeroflot Group’s net profit based on its FY 2016 financial statements under IFRS. It was resolved to pay a dividend of RUB 17.4795 per share in cash, or RUB 19,413,018.00 thousand in total, by 18 August 2017, following the procedure established by current Russian legislation. The record date establishing eligibility to receive the dividend is 14 July 2017.
A number of related-party transactions were approved, including provision of guarantees by Aeroflot in favour of Pobeda Airlines regarding lease agreements for eight new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, and the option for the waiver in favour of Aeroflot of the rights and obligations of Pobeda Airlines under a lease agreement for ten new Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Based on a competitive selection process held in 2016, PJSC Aeroflot’s Auditor for statutory (financial) reporting according to Russian Accounting Standards for 2017 will be CJSC HLB Vneshaudit, and PricewaterhouseCoopers for IFRS.
The AGM approved new editions of the following documents:
- Articles of Association of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Regulation on the General Meeting of Shareholders of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Regulation on the Board of Directors of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Regulation on the Management Board of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Regulation on remuneration and compensation of members of the PJSC Aeroflot Board of Directors.
The makeup of the new Board of Directors was approved, with 11 members:
- Lars Erik Anders Bergström – Senior Advisor, UB Företagsrådgivning AB, Stockholm. Independent director;
- Mikhail Voevodin – General Director of PJSC VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation;
- Aleksey Germanovich – Member of the Board of the Foundation for development of Saint-Petersburg State University, Independent director;
- Igor Kamenskоy – Managing Director of LLC "Renaissance Broker". Independent director;
- Dmitry Peskov – Director of the Young Professionals programme at the Agency for Strategic Initiatives to Promote New Projects NGO;
- Mikhail Poluboyarinov – First Deputy Chairman – Member of the Board of State Corporation Vnesheconombank;
- Vitaly Saveliev – CEO of PJSC Aeroflot;
- Dmitry Saprykin– CEO of JSC Rossiya Airlines;
- Vasily Sidorov – CEO of LLC "ARIDA", Independent director;
- Yury Slyusar – President of PJSC "United Aircraft Corporation";
- Sergey Chemezov – CEO of State Corporation for development, production and export of high-tech products "Rostec".
The five-person Revision Committee was elected:
- Igor Belikov – CEO of the Russian Institute of Directors;
- Ekaterina Nikitina – Advisor to the President of PJSC Transneft;
- Sergey Ubugunov – Head of Division at the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation;
- Mikhail Sorokin – Head of Division at the Federal Agency for State Property Management;
- Vasily Shipilov – Deputy Head of Department at the Russian Federation Ministry of Economic Development.